Is The Mold In Your Kitchen Making Your Children Sick? How To Tell

3 September 2017
 Categories: , Blog

Children are more susceptible to allergens because their young immune systems are not as strong as adults' systems. If your children already seem to be ill, it might have something to do with the mold you spotted in your home. If it seems to be advancing, you might want to conduct a mold inspection. Additionally, here is how to tell if mold is making your children sick.

Your Children Seem to Have a Never-Ending Cold

When the kids have stuffy, runny noses and lots of sneezing, it could be a cold, but it could also be the mold. You will know if the "cold" seems to go on forever, far past the ten days it is supposed to last. If your children were anywhere near the mold or they touched it by accident, the mold most definitely is factor in their illness.

Headaches and Migraines

Some mold spores are just downright nasty. They can travel from your sinuses to your brain, resulting in headaches and even migraines. If you have never-ending headaches or more migraines than you have ever had in your life, it is highly likely that the mold is at fault. If your children are experiencing the same migraines (which is extremely unusual for kids), or headaches that do not go away with pain reliever, they might be victims of mold spores in the sinuses and brain.

Worst of All: Fevers and Lethargy

The very worst kinds of mold are life-threatening to children. Sudden fevers that go over one-hundred-three degrees and complete lethargy signal that you should get out of the house right away. This is especially true if the mold you have encountered is very black. If you do not get out of the house and stay to treat the fever and lethargy, someone could die.

Let a Mold Inspector Verify What Is Happening

The good news is that a mold inspector, such as from Coastal Environmental Compliance LLC, can inspect and test the mold in your home. It helps to verify what kind of mold it is, and if it is causing you and your children's health problems. If it is toxic mold, your homeowner's insurance can pay for the clean-up and remediation. If you rent, you can pursue your landlord for legal compensation for medical bills and expenses, both of which you would be entitled to under the law. However, you cannot proceed in either direction without a mold inspector's expertise and services.